I want to start doing a monthly post about my ten favorite things of the month, whether it be something I discovered or something I ate or something I’m thankful for. So here goes my list of favorite things from September:
1. Pumpkin everything is back and it makes me so excited for everything Fall, because that’s my favorite season. I’ve had a pumpkin candle burning, my mom made some chocolate chip pumpkin bread, and I found some pumpkin coffee at TJ Maxx, and it just warms my heart.
2. I also came to realize how beautiful the mountains are that are around us in the Shenandoah Valley. From my house, I can see mountains on three different sides. I don’t know why I just realized it but it makes for some killer fall sunsets. Now I just can’t wait for the leaves to start changing.
3. Over Labor Day weekend, we got to take a weekend trip to Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. The beach itself was a little chilly, and the waves were rough, but Abby and I had a great time shopping and eating.
4. Art Class is my favorite class I’ve ever taken. Period. I regret not taking Art I until my senior year.
5. Accountability group started with 5 other ladies from my church, and The Ekklesia (it means an assembly of gathered Christians in greek) is ready to shine Jesus’ light to the world!
6. I memorized all 27 Constitutional amendments and was able to teach them to my whole AP Gov class in 20 minutes thanks to the internet’s catchy tricks to remember them.
7. High School Football games are fun, even in the rain. I got to attend my first home game of the season and cheer on our undefeated Bison!
8. I have a weakness for crafty and cute things in the dollar sections. I splurged on some craft/office supplies at Michael’s, TJ Maxx, and Target and am so excited to use them all!
9. FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) at my school started up, and we have had about 30 people each week so far. I really hope that all the people will keep coming and bring friends. People are hungry for Jesus.
10. Last, but certainly not least, I got my acceptance letter from Liberty University on Monday, and now I am super excited to go off to college next year!!! Go Flames!!!!!!
September has been an insanely busy, yet fun, month for me, and I hope that yours has been great too! Think about something you did/learned/loved/etc. in September and leave it in the comments! Have a blessed week! I’ll have a normal blog post up again on Sunday!